Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Living Room Gaming - Best solution.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hotjohnyman

Hotjohnyman

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:00 PM

Hello guys, long time listener first time caller.

I am searching for the best way to bring gaming back to the living room.

I use to have a small house that had no room for a computer desk. Wasn't a problem I just had the PC by the living room TV and used the Roccat Sova lap board. Btw it works great.

My new problem now is I have a new house and have a dedicated computer room. So what I would like to do is to be able to use the computer from both the living room & computer room.

I know enough about computers to know I don't know a thing about them but I had some idea as go how I could accomplish this but would like some feed back.

The Roccat Sova requires two USB ports & to run a cable between the living room and computer room would be about 35' ish.

The two ideas:
1. I had was to run some long cables but I don't know if USB & HDMI can go that long? I know they make signal repeaters witch might work but what sort of input lag does that produce?? Image quality would be the number one priority in this setup but it would be nice to be able to game on it too.

2. I honestly don't know if this is possible but I have a 3 year old laptop I never use Is it possible to use it to somehow stream the screen over to it via ethernet connection? Idk?

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,334 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 09 July 2018 - 10:10 AM

There is the steam link

https://store.steampowered.com/app/353380/Steam_Link/

Keep it in mind as sometimes valve drops the price for it to $5

Currently is $50 but the steam link can be had for dirt cheap

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

8spxh0-6.png

#3 Hotjohnyman

Hotjohnyman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:58 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. Can I brows the desk top with that although?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users