Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best USB 3.0 Cable Extension

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,865 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 08 July 2018 - 07:58 PM

Hey guys!  I'm wanting to blow a little cash on another Extension Cable and really want to buy something of quality, and even a little bling. 

The last one I got is fine: StarTech.com 1m Black SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Extension Cable A.  But now looking for another, and it's hard to tell just which ones are of the best construction.  I know most of you probably would just buy one and be done with it, but I'm a little picky when I purchase things, especially my toys.

Looking at at least two that I think are pretty good, though cannot seem to find one good review of this type of product.

This was my First choice until I watched some doofus on the internet review it and got a little turned off.  This one has the most reviews which is a plus to me.

Sabrent

Or this one.  The UGREEN has a little bling in the gold (don't know if that has any performance advantage) but don't really care about looks as much as quality.  And the silver of the Sabrent looks great to me, don't know why they use gold at all but for the looks.

UGREEN

Thanks, pcpunk

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:21 PM

I doubt if there's much real difference between them. Gold flashing resists corrosion, not important for the metal framing. The review link for the Sabrent goes to reviews for something else, a docking station...

Edited by Platypus, 08 July 2018 - 08:22 PM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,865 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2018 - 07:50 AM

Got the Sabrent, they look popular and the quality looks very good.

That link works fine for me.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 22 July 2018 - 08:33 AM

Glad it looks to be a good thing. Not sure what the story is with the review link if it delivers correct product reviews to you. I see the screen below - it says 916 reviews, Sabrent 22AWG USB 3.0 Extension Cable, but the reviews are for a docking station:

Attached Files

Edited by Platypus, 22 July 2018 - 08:34 AM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#5 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,865 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2018 - 08:46 AM

Here is a better one, though sometimes they don't get those reviews correct.  Either sabrent or amazon is padding those results!  This is the exact one I got, hope it works out.

Sabrent 22AWG USB 3.0 Extension Cable - A-Male to A-Female [White] 3 Feet (CB-303W)

Unfortunately some bad reviews

Edited by pcpunk, 22 July 2018 - 08:48 AM.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users