Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Broken PCI e lane

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Magna1234

Magna1234

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 08 July 2018 - 06:24 PM

I broke the plastic on my pci e lane any ideas how to fix it?   Its similiar to the link provided but no pins are bent and mobo still works.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:55 PM

The mainboard needs replaced. Typically there is a plastic locking mechanism on the pcie slot and it locks the GPU into place. I suggest not running the pc as these pins can now dead short and create even more problems burning out other components.

#3 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 09 July 2018 - 10:05 AM

I've replaced a few of those connectors and it is very tedious and often unsuccessful repair as noted, shorted pins can damage more than just the connector circuits, it could even damage the power supply.

#4 Magna1234

Magna1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 09 July 2018 - 11:08 AM

OK thx for replies im running it for a little while longer then I will unplug. If I insulated the pci lane that would protect the other circuits from shorts right? Then I could use it without that lane?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users