Hi, I have been troubleshooting my windows 10 system to figure out what to fix, would like some guidance for the next step.
Second time I write this as I had the error make the browser stop while writing this 10 minutes ago.
1. Video stops (game, youtube, netflix) including the browser or app itself, sound continues for up to a few minutes.
2. I can use ctrl-shift-esc and try to force shut down the browser, or software that stops.
3. Software is removed fromt he running programs list, but is still visible in windows, I do not get second chance to force shut down anything, as now everything is just ignoring the pointers and any clicks I try (almost).
4. I sometimes still get to select to shut down through the windows menu, this results in black screen + pointer.
5. Manual hard reset to solve. (or wait up to 5-6 minutes and windows will sometimes manage to force restart itself.
6. BSOD in 1 out of 30 times, not really usefull I think "Unexpected kernel mode trap" and similar. Microsoft not really helpful.
Troubleshooted so far:
memtest86 - 3 full passes.
Open HWmonitor - all temps and Voltages OK.
Crystal Disc Info - all 3 ssd OK.
Removed old network card and got a new AC USB stick.
Uninstalled unused old drivers.
! SpeedFan reports 12V as 9,93V, BIOS reports it as 12,03V, no other monitoring software did find the sensor, so unsure if SpeedFan is giving a false reading here.
! Intel Processor Diagnostic tool: All passes, but 2: BrandString and SPBC Fails.
BitDefender - No issues, viruses or other problems. (BitDefender was installed after the problems started.)
GPU - I thought this could be the issue, retailer I got it from agreed, sent it in, got a new one and isse still there.
(So got a 960 2GB to 1060 3GB upgrade for free...)
! Tried this ( https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576333/driver-verifier-bsod-related-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/ ) to verify drivers, got BSOD, attached the dumpfile.
BSOD-minidump-070818-14640-01.zip 87.43KB 2 downloads
! Problem also verified in Safe Mode w/networking.
I have probably forgotting some of the things I have tried. EDIT: yes, i did reinstall windows 10...
SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip 783.47KB 2 downloads
Any suggestions for next thing to try, or next hardware to replace?
My thoughts is that it could be:
PCIe GPU slot is not working.
PSU could be giving wrong 12V
Driver or windows update issue from any automatic updates at the end of may.
I am going to build a new system at some point in the near future, but I do not have the funds at the moment, so would like to at least patch my current system up so it can last a few months longer.
Edited by ck2069, 08 July 2018 - 04:33 PM.