Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error in psd file, how to recover?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 crystalline

crystalline

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:15 AM

Please, tell me how to restore a psd file, after the error occurs which indicates that file was corrupted? I use Adobe Photoshop CS6.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MicMac33

MicMac33

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 16 July 2018 - 11:45 AM

Hi

Once the file is corrupted, there is no way to fix it!

#3 leegale70

leegale70

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 27 July 2018 - 06:05 AM

1. Open the corrupt Photoshop file in Fireworks.
  2. Use Fireworks to save it as a .psd Photoshop file. (Important: Do Not save it as a Fireworks file or another extension, because Photoshop may not recognize the layers, or you could lose data.)
  3. Remember to give your file a different name when saving, so you won't overwrite your original. (A good idea would be to create a backup of your original before trying this procedure.)
  4. Open your newly created file in Photoshop.
  5. Remember that many effects will not show in Fireworks, but should show up in the Photoshop layers.
  6. maybe you can try to use PSD recovery online , this is paid service , find this solution here

#4 PerspectiveObjective

PerspectiveObjective

• Members
  • 453 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:14 PM

Most excellent, one could also keep in mind COREL ware, but I've not tested this, just to mention as a possible other software source for said method::::

leegale70, on 27 Jul 2018 - 04:05 AM, said:

1. Open the corrupt Photoshop file in Fireworks.
  2. Use Fireworks to save it as a .psd Photoshop file. (Important: Do Not save it as a Fireworks . . . or another extension, . . . 

:  #3 icon_share.png

leegale70

Edited by PerspectiveObjective, 02 August 2018 - 01:21 PM.

Oh those are really nice, where`d you get them done at? YOUR NAILS SILLY! Banter/Wit is a primary member requirement to colossal project solution.  Not to toot my horn......          (                (        (       (     :trumpet: but, who else will!? teeehehehehehheeee!~~~8 : P Additionally::: "Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoga

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users