Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet going wild need help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SoSoYT

SoSoYT

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:38 AM

Hello, I love to play video games on my computer and I use expensive PC's. However, as I got this computer last week, my Internet, which is the highly rated I and confirmed is powerful, is going from 4 bars (I sit right next to the router) to 1 bar, then back and forth. Even when I'm at 4 bars, I can't even connect to speedtest.com. When the error is not happening, my speed test reads 90+ download and 90+ upload. When I play games when the error is happening, I reach over 500 ping, and the game is so bad it's unplayable. I need help. I ran I virus scan (Malwarebytes Premium) and it hasn't spotted anything! I can't fix this. I think something is running off of another program/in the background. What is the issue.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jenae

jenae

• Members
  • 580 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 08 July 2018 - 05:54 PM

Hi, press the win + x keys together, select Powershell (admin) from the options, please run the following cmds:-

Copy the following cmdlets, one at a time, and right click anywhere in the powershell window, the cmd will append to the prompt, press enter after each one. You will see three notepad outputs, please copy paste each one into your reply, This will give us details about your internet.

Get-NetAdapter | out-file $home\adapter.txt
notepad $home\adapter.txt

Get-NetTCPSetting | out-file $home\setting.txt

Notepad $home\setting.txt

Get-NetIPConfiguration | out-file $home\config.txt
notepad $home\config.txt

Next still in powershell at the prompt type:-

cmd (press enter) a cmd prompt will open within powershell, copy the below cmd and right click anywhere in the powershell window the cmd will append to the prompt, press enter.

systeminfo | find /V /I "hotfix" | find /V "KB" > 0 & notepad 0

Notepad will open with info about your system, please post this here.

#3 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:29 PM

if your a gamer I would recommend using a wired connection instead of wireless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users