Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows live Mail error, the procedure entry point _crtcreatesymboliclinkw could

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 funlover

funlover

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 07 July 2018 - 06:10 PM

I reinstalled Windows 7 last weekend and then a couple of days later had to install 190 updates. After that I started having a problem with Windows live Mail. I had reinstalled it and tried to restore with KLS mailed back up. I had a problem with that so went to an older back up I had made with Windows live Mail. It was all right for about 24 hours and then I got this error message...the procedure entry point _crtcreatesymboliclinkw could not be located msvcr110.dll
As I said it seemed to be working fine until I had to install all of the Windows updates. 
I have literally googled for hours and none of the solutions that I have seen people use have worked for me. I would really appreciate any help. 

I have Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (64) and Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package (64)  installed. I removed  and reinstalled also.
I have removed and uninstalled Windows live Mail several times and ran the repair a couple of times.
A little while ago I uninstalled it again and installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package (64)  and now it won't even open without the error message.
By the way I am only installing Windows live Mail not all of the components of Windows 
I know there are other free mail programs that you can use and keep folders that you can view off-line, but I have used Windows live and Outlook express for about 10 years. I have lots of saved emails in folders.

Edited by hamluis, 07 July 2018 - 06:31 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,119 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2018 - 06:35 PM

https://askjuan.net/windows-live-mail-support-ends/

Louis

#3 funlover

funlover
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2018 - 06:42 PM

hi Lois thanks for answering. I'm aware that the support for Windows live Mail ended in January 2017 but I've been using the program all the way up until last week when I had to redo my windows. My email provider is frontier/Yahoo.
I will check into some of the other email options. I did try Thunderbird this morning but I didn't care for it. I'm used to having a program that I can create rules and filters and it seems like I'm having problems finding a free one. I guess I'll check in to how much it cost for some of the others.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,301 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 07 July 2018 - 07:08 PM

I'm not sure about this but in my Windows 8 64bit it has both the 64bit version and the x86 version. If you only installed the 64bit version also install the x86 version and see if that helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

Click the Download button and you will see X86. 

#5 funlover

funlover
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2018 - 07:34 PM

Thank you John, I downloaded that file and the installation went smoothly... It automatically started downloading messages. I'll  post again tomorrow because the other day it did that and then later I got that error message. I had noticed the x86 version but had no idea that it was for 64 bit Windows.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,301 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 07 July 2018 - 07:38 PM

The X86 version is required for programs that are 32bit. I wasn't sure if Windows Essentials came only in 32bit or was available in 64bit.

I ditched Yahoo Web Mail a long time ago. It was a big pain but I eventually went to Gmail.

#7 funlover

funlover
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2018 - 07:51 PM

I've had the same frontier email address for years and I hate to change it. Couple of years ago they changed to Yahoo mail for some reason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users