Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issue with Port-Forwarding

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ImperatorMessiah

ImperatorMessiah

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:24 PM

Hello,

I am trying to host a Mount & Blade Warband server but I am experiencing issues. I had my friend try to join to make sure things were working, but he couldn't see the server on the server list. I then went to a website to check if the ports were open, and it said they weren't. I forwarded the port 7240 UPD & 7240 TPC. The firewall on my computer is disabled. My router is the AT&T 5268AC. Can anyone help me?

Thanks. 

Edited by ImperatorMessiah, 06 July 2018 - 05:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nunos

Nunos

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:47 PM

https://www.dslreports.com/r0/download/2267100~5694a5d84811c1255c4f12556de77ead/5268AC%20Manual.pdf

Manual is there. Looks like you can check it on page 22 for how to poke a hole that they call a pinpoint or you could test it by doing the server in a DMZ.

Edited by Nunos, 06 July 2018 - 05:52 PM.

#3 ImperatorMessiah

ImperatorMessiah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 06:25 PM

https://www.dslreports.com/r0/download/2267100~5694a5d84811c1255c4f12556de77ead/5268AC%20Manual.pdf

Manual is there. Looks like you can check it on page 22 for how to poke a hole that they call a pinpoint or you could test it by doing the server in a DMZ.

Already followed all those steps. The ports were already successfully added. But for some reason, they're not working. 

#4 Nunos

Nunos

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:51 PM

Does the Router have a way to add a DHCP Reservation? If so I would try to add the Server to it and then make sure the forwarding points to that IP.

Can you describe the network setup to me? Such as Modem with IP blah on WAN and blah on LAN goes to switch then blah and so forth?

When you say you added the ports did you also forward them to the ip of the server? Also is the server wired or wireless? If you have another pc on the network can it browse to the server via those ports? 

#5 ImperatorMessiah

ImperatorMessiah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:42 AM

Does the Router have a way to add a DHCP Reservation? If so I would try to add the Server to it and then make sure the forwarding points to that IP.

Can you describe the network setup to me? Such as Modem with IP blah on WAN and blah on LAN goes to switch then blah and so forth?

When you say you added the ports did you also forward them to the ip of the server? Also is the server wired or wireless? If you have another pc on the network can it browse to the server via those ports? 

My IP is static. Unfortunately, I am not that good with computers so I couldn't describe the network setup. 

I forwarded the ports to my IPv4 address and my external IP address. 

#6 Nunos

Nunos

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2018 - 01:28 AM

You should only need to forward the ports to the static IP of the game server.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users