Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wacom Tablet

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cherimoe

cherimoe

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 06 July 2018 - 02:10 PM

Is there anyone out there with experience using a Wacom tablet? I have searched numerous forums and adjusted many settings and can't get my Wacom tablet to behave consistently across all applications on my Windows 10 machine. On my Mac, it just works. On my Windows machine, I can't even use it in the native Mail app. Scroll bars won't appear, double tap doesn't work, etc. Can't use it to scroll in Chrome or Firefox. Right click on pen works about half the time across the board. Works about 70% as expected in Photoshop and Illustrator where I need it the most, but this seems crazy! Anyone out there with the magic settings so it doesn't fight with Ink and the OS? Thanks so much!

Cheri

:D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,419 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 06 July 2018 - 02:26 PM

I don't know what model number you have but did you install the latest driver? There is one dated 6/21/2018. Read the release notes and also compatible products.

https://www.wacom.com/en/support/product-support/drivers

http://cdn.wacom.com/u/productsupport/drivers/win/professional/releasenotes/Windows_6.3.30.html

#3 cherimoe

cherimoe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 09 July 2018 - 12:04 PM

Yep. I'm using the latest driver. I have uninstalled and re-installed to no avail.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,419 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 09 July 2018 - 12:29 PM

The only thing I can think of is to use a Clean Boot and see how the tablet acts. There may be a startup item or process causing the problem. 

https://www.winhelp.us/clean-boot-windows.html

#5 JimWebster

JimWebster

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 03 August 2018 - 09:08 PM

Win 10 32 or 64 bit? I have a prog that only partly works on my 64 bit machine because part of the prog seems to have been written in 16 bit.

Prog works 100% on 32 bit Win 10 computer.

I am awe of someone who can use a Wacom tablet- i had one a few years ago, despaired, and gave it to a colleague

Edited by JimWebster, 03 August 2018 - 09:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users