Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GPU Noise (1060 6GB)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 iAdam

iAdam

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:18 AM

Hello, I recently got my new PC and there seems to be a GPU noise not too sure what it is I've opened it and checked nothing seems out of the ordinary but when It's on and i hold the gpu fan with my finger the noise stops so I know its the GPU just not too sure why its making this noise or what the problem is regardless if anyone has  a solution/fix or any idea what it could be let me know if I get no responses I'll probably just RMA it

Here are some Recordings of the noise (2nd captures the noise better)

https://youtu.be/U2qgsa7JASQ

https://youtu.be/mqDrUevt04c

( I apologise for the recording it's on my samsung galaxy s6 and the audio/video is kind of crappy )

Specs: 

Motherboard Z370 HD3

CPU i5 8400

GPU 1060 6GB Mini

Edited by iAdam, 06 July 2018 - 09:19 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:38 AM

If the noise stops when you apply moderate pressure to it, it may be loose. Unplug the power, remove the adapter and then firmly reseat it. See if that helps.

#3 iAdam

iAdam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:00 AM

If the noise stops when you apply moderate pressure to it, it may be loose. Unplug the power, remove the adapter and then firmly reseat it. See if that helps.

Well i don't apply pressure on the actual GPU and hold it in place i simply press my finger on the middle of the fan to stop it from spinning and the noise stops do you still recommend that solution because i did try to remove it and screw it in again but no luck it still was making the noise

#4 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,275 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:24 AM

Yeah i would RMA it, I take it this is a pre built?

I can guess a bearing for one of the fans got loose and or its just as bad fan in general.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

xu847p-6.png

#5 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,644 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:08 PM

Agreed - if the sound is from the fan itself then you should either send it back or just have them send you a replacement gpu. Sometimes cards jostle loose during shipment, hence my original suggestion.

#6 iAdam

iAdam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:29 PM

Yes I just sent it back for a replacement hopefully I'll get the replacement soon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users