Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Same Problem with Two Different Video Cards

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nebulous9

Nebulous9

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:17 AM

2 Different Video Cards, Same Problem

Hello,

I need some advice about my poor computer, I don't know anything about computer hardware but I'd like to figure it out so I don't have to take it to a shop.

I got the whole system second hand, it was a custom built gaming machine. It ran well for about 6 months, then one day it just wouldn't turn on. I replaced my original PSU (Corsair VS 650) with a spare Corsair CX 500 to see if that would work and it did. I eventually got the current PSU (Corsair VS 750) and everything was fine for a few months.

I was playing a game one day, all of a sudden the screen and sound froze, then the screen went to grey with horizontal bars. The system would turn on, the monitor would give me a "No Input" signal. I checked the monitor cords/plugs, everything was fine there.

I replaced the AMD Radeon r9 280 that came with the system with my old NVIDIA GTX 660 and all was well for about a week.

While I was playing a game before, I had the same problem appear with the frozen screen/sound. The tower refused to power up properly and had to unplug/power button and wait awhile before it would start. It seems to be alright until I play a game of any kind.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,925 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:03 PM

The power supply has become intermittent.  Replace the power supply with an 850 or higher rating and try a different  card.  When AC power needs to be removed to get the power supply back to a reset state, it is failing.

#3 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 890 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:06 PM

try pulling ram, mismatched ram could cause an issue and see what that does for you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users