Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Samsung Laptop wont start after ram replacemeent

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ait0506

ait0506

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:18 PM

So, I have an old Samsung laptop that I use for college. It has only 3 gb of ram, which is the only bad thing about the pc.

One of my friends had a 4GB SODIMM DDR3 ram stick and gave it to me. However,i think, it had a higher frequency than my laptop supports, As when I replaced one of the sticks the laptop didn’t boot.

Then, I put the original stick again and worked perfectly. Dumb me tried  again replacing it with the other stick and, of course, it didn’t boot. However when i put the original stick back in the laptop didn’t work. It just turns on but no image is shown. I connected to a tv via hdmi and nothing... I tried reseating the sticks but as you may have guessed the problem was still there. What should I do?

Thanks for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,016 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:39 PM

The most likely thing is that the RAM stick is not properly seated. Take out any RAM you have in the computer at the moment, check that you have got the original RAM in it and make sure that it is snug in its housing before you push it down into the 'lock' position.

If RAM has a higher frequency than your system specs it will run at the system speed.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users