Here's what happens:
- Recently started to randomly shut down and restart with no warning (no windows logs).
- Upon reboot, a few seconds later before gets to bios, it would restart again.
- Have to turn off at mains switch to shut it down as it just loops on restarting.
- On bootup after forcing turn off at mains, it tends to work again until next time it happens, which can be 5 mins after boot or an hour. Had it on overnight running benchmarks fine once.
- It rebooted once while I was in BIOS so it's not a windows issue.
I have done the following:
- Ruled out ram and ram slots as swapped them around, or in one slot at a time.
- Cleaned ram contacts with isoprophyl.
- Plugged PC into a different wall socket.
- Unplugged any external devices.
- Tried using old drive with win7, same thing happens.
- Vacuumed PSU for dust, no dust on mobo.
- Fans are all working.
- Did a bios reset.
Does anyone have any ideas? Any other things I can try to rule out?
Could it be faulty PSU or CPU? Mobo battery maybe?
- Gigabyte x58a-UDR3
- 18GB 1600Hz Kingston Ram
- GTX-480 1.5GB
- m.2 PCI-E adapter with Samsing 960 m.2
- i7 950
Had this PC since 2012 and its in the last couple of months started having this issue. It first started soon after I replaced my SSD with an m.2. But I've ruled that out as it does it with the old drive.
Any help appreciated thanks