Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Live streaming

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ladnor

ladnor

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 05 July 2018 - 09:57 AM

I use live stream from a conference site. I experience frequent freezing which sometimes restarts after a few seconds or I have to click restart arrow. There are also times when I hear someone talking before they’ve reached the mike. The admin of the conference tell me that others are using it without problems?? And that the problem lies with my laptop or BB connection.

I usually get at least 10mbps on speed test. I have run trouble-shooter and no problems found. Wireless properties Wi-Fi status show speeds of around 70 mbps and signal quality is at maximum. I change channels if it becomes overcrowded locally, I use iinSSIDer. Graphics driver is up to date. I have a cordless phone in the same room as the router but moving it to another room makes no difference.

I have no problems with streaming videos from other sources such as YouTube and others. I can get Amazon and others on my LG smart tv with no problems. Obviously these are not connected when I’m on the conference streaming.

Is there any more I can do to determine if the problem is at my end. Windows 10 OS.

Thanks for help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 null__

null__

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:26 AM

Does your router/AP support the 5GHz spectrum? If so, try changing to that and see how it works.

EDIT: Are you doing this from your house or an office?

Edited by null__, 05 July 2018 - 10:26 AM.

#3 ladnor

ladnor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:09 AM

Hi Null, I'm doing it from home, my router doesn't support 5GHz. What confuses me is that on rare occasions the streaming is seamless, then at other times it runs haywire, and I haven't made any changes to my system

#4 null__

null__

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:23 AM

It could be that your neighbors purchased a new router, garage door opener, baby monitor, anything that uses the 2.4Ghz spectrum, etc... It could also be that your wireless number is now crowded. I would download WiFi Analyzer (Android) or Airport Utility (iOS) and see what channels are being used and adjust accordingly (you'll want to use 1, 6, or 11). You could always upgrade your router to something that is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5Ghz) and use the 5Ghz spectrum.

#5 ladnor

ladnor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 02:02 PM

Thanks Null

No garages nearby and no babies lol. I use inSIDer to check channel crowding localy. Will try my luck with PlusNet  to upgrade router

#6 null__

null__

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 02:08 PM

No problem, ladnor. This is all assuming that you need to have it wireless. The best option will always be hardwired.Give me an update when you get things settled and I'll try to assist further if needed!

#7 ladnor

ladnor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 02:16 PM

"hardwired"? you're talking to a man with severely limited knowledge of all this technology  :blush:

#8 null__

null__

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 02:25 PM

Hardwired is just having a physical connection from your router to your computer. All you need to do is take an Ethernet cord, plug it into a LAN port on the router (usually there are 4 ports that are bunched together) and then plug it into your computer :)

#9 ladnor

ladnor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 02:31 PM

OK null, got it, problem is I can't have it in the same room as comp due to siting of phone connection box, tried adding extensions but I lose signal too much. Probably is the answer but nothing comes easy

Edited by ladnor, 06 July 2018 - 02:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users