Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pocket Texting/Emailing etc. is getting out of hand ;)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 pantherapardus4

pantherapardus4

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:14 PM

I have a Moto X 2nd generation, Android 5.1.  I used to have it in the back pocket of my jeans, and once I had moved the icons for "phone" and "text" to the second screen of my wallpaper, I didn't have that bad of a problem with "pocket texting."  Now that I'm wearing shorts and have it in a front pocket, it seems that I'm doing all sorts of things without knowing about it.  Posting about politics in FB, deleting swaths of text from our legal expert's letter, that sort of thing.  There are no icons for these apps on the first screen of my wallpaper, so without taking all the icons off, I don't know how to protect things further.

What do y'all think?

slkwwet wettew jjsgegses///////we

(haha I'm just kidding.  I'm using my actual computer for this.)

Until we extend our circle of compassion to all living things, humanity will not find peace. ~Albert Schweitzer, The Philosophy of Civilization

Windows 10, Firefox, avast! Free Antivirus, Windows Defender, Spyware Blaster, SpywareGuard, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 1,008 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 04 July 2018 - 05:26 PM

Hello there pantherapardus4 and happy 4th of July.

Do you lock your phone with a PIN or pattern or a fingerprint? I've avoided some of the same issues once I employed of the three options. Now, not matter how much shuffling around I do, nothing happens until I unlock the phone.

I have a Moto X Droid and use the fingerprint sensor which is mostly okay, as long as my finger is not wet or damp.

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

#3 pantherapardus4

pantherapardus4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2018 - 05:41 PM

Yes, I use a PIN to unlock it.  But I guess I'm putting it away before it locks?

Until we extend our circle of compassion to all living things, humanity will not find peace. ~Albert Schweitzer, The Philosophy of Civilization

Windows 10, Firefox, avast! Free Antivirus, Windows Defender, Spyware Blaster, SpywareGuard, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit

#4 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 1,008 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:08 PM

I'm guessing that is the culprit.

If you press the Power button, I believe it should turn off your screen and locking it, so you won't have to wait for the screen to lock itself.

Hope that helps.

#5 pantherapardus4

pantherapardus4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:37 PM

I'll have to see if this works.  I feel like I sometimes do this, but I'll be more diligent about it.  Thanks!

#6 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 1,008 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2018 - 08:11 AM

I'll have to see if this works.  I feel like I sometimes do this, but I'll be more diligent about it.  Thanks!

You are most welcome.  :thumbup2:

#7 pantherapardus4

pantherapardus4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:29 AM

(btw, I like your snowy avatar!)

#8 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 1,008 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:09 AM

(btw, I like your snowy avatar!)

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users