Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random Restarts, Mostly No BSOD, Replaced Almost All Hardware

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Toopoortobuynewpc

Toopoortobuynewpc

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 04 July 2018 - 02:53 PM

Hello. I have an old system. Maybe 10 years old

Asus P5B

Xeon e5450 (was e6700, replaced with this)

4x2gb ddr2 800mhz

radeon r7 240

500gb 7200rpm samsung hdd

I've been struggling system crash. Mostly no bsod, just restart.

-- Suspected gpu. I put my r7 240 to a known working system and system failed to boot, no beeps

-- I took that working system's gpu (geforce 7300 le) and put it to my system, system booted but still random restarts (with less frequency)

--I suspected psu, I replaced my psu with that working system's psu, still random restarts

If its gpu fail, the other working gpu should've worked properly but random restarts persisted with less frequency

If its pci express slot fail, then my gpu should've worked on other working system but it didnt

If its psu fail, then my system should've worked without problem with other working system's psu

I reinstalled windows 10, different iso files, different builds (tried previous ones), tried with windows 7.

Ran memtest, looked healthy. Ran hdtunepro, looked healthy.

Checked temperatures, looked normal.

I flashed modded bios from start for 771 pin xeon e5450, I suspected bios and returned it to official bios, cpu overheating started, returned to modded bios.

I noticed i have 800mhz ram frequency option in official asus bios but not in modded bios, modded bios has 667, 833 and some higher. Then i guessed that because of ram frequency's auto setting, rams might be going to 833 mhz and failing system so i manually set them to 667 mhz. But problem persists.

I uploaded 2 software reports. I know my explanation is not tidied up and forgive my grammar.

Attached File  Admin.zip   27.9KB   2 downloads

Attached File  SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip   288.31KB   2 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 donisonleague

donisonleague

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 05 July 2018 - 07:19 PM

Would you mind trying if the problem persist whilst in safe mode?

#3 Toopoortobuynewpc

Toopoortobuynewpc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:43 AM

Would you mind trying if the problem persist whilst in safe mode?

Yes, problem persists in safe mode

#4 Toopoortobuynewpc

Toopoortobuynewpc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2018 - 01:47 PM

I noticed that pc tends to restart more when i make a process. Less/none restart when idle

#5 donisonleague

donisonleague

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 08 July 2018 - 07:48 PM

I'd have suspected the PSU either, but since you already tested it... Let's wait for someone more expert :?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users