I have a Biostar B350GTN motherboard. Up until recently, I was getting surrround sound perfectly via Kodi and the Netflix windows program. It suddenly stopped working.
I really am not just posting a new thread to be lazy. I've searched and searched the forums as there's so many threads of "Help my surround sound on the Z506 isn't working" but none of them seemed to have a solution.
1. I uninstalled drivers, reinstalled.Tried both from my Motherboards website and the Realtek website
2. I made sure the cables were put in correctly. The green into the line out port, the orange into the center/subwoofer port, and the Black into the rear/side speaker port.
3. When I test the rear speakers in the Realtek HD Audio Manager (Abbreviated RHDAM for rest of post), I get sound when it's set to 7.1 - but nothing comes through in either Netflix, or Kodi. When I set it to 5.1 in RHDAM ,the read speaker option isn't available and testing for side speakers yields nothing. I checked the Kodi settings and made sure sound was set to 5.1 or 7.1. Nothing. Before, I had to set 7.1 surround in the RHDAM to get surround sound, even though the Z506 is a 5.1 system
4. The video sources are not stereo. I'm sure they're 5.1 surround
5. I don't think my motherboard's sound card could have gotten damaged as just yesterday, I was enjoying A Quiet Place in lovely surround sound.
Please PLEASE help me