Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Logitech Z506 5.1 speakers - surround not working suddenly. Tried everything. Pl

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GardeeZak

GardeeZak

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 04 July 2018 - 11:41 AM

Hi

I have a Biostar B350GTN motherboard. Up until recently, I was getting surrround sound perfectly via Kodi and the Netflix windows program. It suddenly stopped working.

I really am not just posting a new thread to be lazy. I've searched and searched the forums as there's so many threads of "Help my surround sound on the Z506 isn't working" but none of them seemed to have a solution.

1. I uninstalled drivers, reinstalled.Tried both from my Motherboards website and the Realtek website

2. I made sure the cables were put in correctly. The green into the line out port, the orange into the center/subwoofer port, and the Black into the rear/side speaker port.

3. When I test the rear speakers in the Realtek HD Audio Manager (Abbreviated RHDAM for rest of post), I get sound when it's set to 7.1 - but nothing comes through in either Netflix, or Kodi. When I set it to 5.1 in RHDAM ,the read speaker option isn't available and testing for side speakers yields nothing. I checked the Kodi settings and made sure sound was set to 5.1 or 7.1. Nothing. Before, I had to set 7.1 surround in the RHDAM to get surround sound, even though the Z506 is a 5.1 system

4. The video sources are not stereo. I'm sure they're 5.1 surround

5. I don't think my motherboard's sound card could have gotten damaged as just yesterday, I was enjoying A Quiet Place in lovely surround sound.

Please PLEASE help me frown.gif 

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 05 July 2018 - 01:38 PM

Do you know of anything that changed?  When you did the driver uninstall and reinstall did you reboot the machine after each action, uninstall, restart, install, restart?

Have you checked Sound in Control Panel to see how it is set up?

Have you double check the connections to the PC?  I bought a whole new set of speakers because I plugged the cable into the wrong jack.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users