Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Have a problem while using Teracopy 2.12

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 maneuver

maneuver

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:51 AM

I copy folder "A" with Teracopy but accidentally paste folder "A" in Folder "A" itself (so now there're two "A" folder and I'll call the original folder "A"->A1 and new folder "A"->A2 from now on) Then I try to close the program but the program still copying so I close it with task manager and finally the program is closed But... when I open folder A1 after closed the program the files in the folder is missing!(still have some files left in folder A1 though) so I open folder A2 I found some missing file in there but I'm not sure that is there a lost file because there're a lot of file and I can't remember all the file in original A folder. So the question is 1.Are all the file in original Folder "A" is still in the folder A1 and A2? How to check it? 2.If there're lost files how to get the files back? Thank you for the answer in advance guys!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 daveydoom

daveydoom

• Security Colleague
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 04 July 2018 - 11:12 AM

when I open folder A1 after closed the program the files in the folder is missing!(still have some files left in folder A1 though) 

Sounds like you chose to move files/folders instead of copying them.   Teracopy keeps a log of what it does, did you check that?

(My guess is some were moved, some were not so.   I doubt they were deleted but anything ispossible.)

"A computer beat me in chess, but it was no match when it came to kickboxing"
-Emo Philips

unite_final.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users