Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HDMI Output to TV Doesn't Work

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 senlahe

senlahe

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 03 July 2018 - 05:58 PM

Not sure if this is the correct category to put this in, but I'm using Windows 8.1, and sense I'm not sure what the actual problem is here I'll just put this here.

Recently bought Quiplash on Steam, and because it is a game meant to be played on TVs, I decided to set that up. Sense the TV is on the complete opposite site of the room I got out my "way too long HDMI cable". However, guess what??? I didn't work. The TV just says "Searching for signal..." endlessly. I'm not surprised, really, I'm not, no tech ever seems to like me or anything. So I tried some things. I tested if the problem was with the TV or HDMI cable by trying it on a laptop (the PC that isn't working is a desktop btw), and everything worked with the laptop. So that narrowed it down to it being my PC. If I look in the display settings, Windows isn't recognizing the TV as a display. My PC worked with the cable before I tried it today, and in the time I wasn't using it I upgraded from AMD integrated graphics to a GTX 1050 Ti. So I thought maybe that might have to do with it. I tried messing around in the nvidia settings but nothing fixes it.

[TV is also a Sharp/Roku one sorry forgot to mention]

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:57 PM

If you have already considered this don't be insulted !

Have you selected the HDMI input on the TV your cable is connected to ?  My wife frequently watches sports events over her laptop which connects to the TV by HDMI. Our TV has two HDMI inputs. One has a PVR connected to it and the other is the one she uses for her laptop. She has to change the active input socket, using the remote, each time she switches between one input and the other.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users