Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spilled Gatorade inside my PC, Help.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 scvageshit

scvageshit

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 03 July 2018 - 01:16 PM

Last night I accidentally spilled Gatorade inside my PC, at first everything was running fine until my Chrome kept not responding and my mouse/computer would freeze for a good minute or so every few minutes. So, I restarted it and everything was running smoothly until I got a Blue Screen, I left it on for a good hour and the % stayed at 0 so I decided to try and restart it. The next time I restarted it one of the Blue LED's inside my PC wasn't working and my monitor was blank although all my fans and everything ran fine. I dusted off my whole PC this morning, hoping it'd fix it but no luck. I have't tried anything else. Any suggestions are appreciated and I may just end up taking the PC into a shop today or tomorrow as it doesn't seem like I can fix this on my own. 

Edited by hamluis, 03 July 2018 - 01:18 PM.
Moved from Crashes/BSODs to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 scvageshit

scvageshit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2018 - 01:20 PM

Sorry, didn't realize I posted this in the wrong section. Thanks for moving it admin. 

#3 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,449 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 03 July 2018 - 01:28 PM

if your computer was thirsty you should of at least given him a beer instead of gatorade :thumbup2:

sorry...couldn't resist

#4 scvageshit

scvageshit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2018 - 01:29 PM

if your computer was thirsty you should of at least given him a beer instead of gatorade :thumbup2:

sorry...couldn't resist

I would've if I was of legal drinking age. I think he likes the Gatorade more though, the blue one to be exact. 

#5 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 03 July 2018 - 01:56 PM

What a mess, unless you are very skilled, this is not a a DIY.  It entails complete dis-assembly, complete cleaning and reassembly.   I have the right equipment and it takes a solid eight hours for that job, some a little longer others a little quicker.  Keyboards are replaceable and not worth the attempt to clean.

#6 scvageshit

scvageshit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2018 - 01:59 PM

What a mess, unless you are very skilled, this is not a a DIY.  It entails complete dis-assembly, complete cleaning and reassembly.   I have the right equipment and it takes a solid eight hours for that job, some a little longer others a little quicker.  Keyboards are replaceable and not worth the attempt to clean.

I'm not skilled at all. I didn't spill a ton in the computer, maybe not even half of a cup. What do you think the price would be for this if it's only a clean and not actual damage? 

#7 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 03 July 2018 - 02:06 PM

The bill would be between you and the person/service you can find to do the job.  Near to $200.   If the unit isn't worth that, then you could replace it cheaper than repairing.  I've spent 8 hours on a few units.  Complete disassembly, unmount all boards, chips and heat sinks, cleaning with a degreaser like deterge and being meticulous cleaning under any chips soldered down.  Rinse with clean water, let dry, then wash everything with a non-residue electronic cleaner, let dry and reassemble, cross your fingers that you got everything clean  OR  "rinse and repeat.

Edited by mjd420nova, 03 July 2018 - 02:07 PM.

#8 scvageshit

scvageshit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2018 - 02:09 PM

The bill would be between you and the person/service you can find to do the job.  Near to $200.   If the unit isn't worth that, then you could replace it cheaper than repairing.  I've spent 8 hours on a few units.  Complete disassembly, unmount all boards, chips and heat sinks, cleaning with a degreaser like deterge and being meticulous cleaning under any chips soldered down.  Rinse with clean water, let dry, then wash everything with a non-residue electronic cleaner, let dry and reassemble, cross your fingers that you got everything clean  OR  "rinse and repeat.

It's more than $200 so it'd be worth to get this fixed. Only thing I'm worried about is if there's damage to the Motherboard or something and I have to replace that. So I'd be paying for all the labor and for them to replace the motherboard and anything else damaged. Thanks for your help though. I'll take it in a shop today or tomorrow and hopefully it's just a clean needed. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users