Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Beep Code Questions

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ddgiant

ddgiant

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 03 July 2018 - 08:28 AM

Mod Edit:  Split from https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/554541/gigabyte-mb-fails-no-video-2-long-1-short-beeps/ - Hamluis.

I know this is an old topic, but was wondering if any found a fix or what this error is.  I am getting it now with a machine that was working good 6 months ago, then I put it away for a while but now getting it out again and am getting the 2 long and 1 short beep code.

Edited by hamluis, 03 July 2018 - 09:06 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 03 July 2018 - 09:09 AM

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#3 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:20 PM

if you replaced the battery, did you clear the cmos after replacing battery?

it may be just the simple after replacing battery.   there are 2 pins right next to the cmos battery says CLR_CMOS short those 2 pins together for a few seconds while the computer is off.

then try to reboot your computer.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2018 - 12:39 PM

We can help you with the beep code, but we need to know the make and model of this computer to find the beep codes applicable to this computer.  Please post any type of error codes you receive, they must be an exact quote.  It would also help to know what operating system is being used.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 842 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2018 - 03:12 PM

the model is in the link in the #1 post, his beep code isn't listed in the manual.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 09 July 2018 - 04:18 PM

Member last active when posting his only contribution 3 Jul 2018.  Seems to have lost any interest once his post was made.

Louis

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2018 - 08:17 AM

the model is in the link in the #1 post, his beep code isn't listed in the manual.

Unfortunately the information regarding the Gigabyte motherboard seen by using the link which Louis posted was posted by Twegner, the original poster of the topic.  There was no indication by ddgiant that their computer was using a Gigabyte motherboard or any other make or model of a motherboard or a OEM computer.  Hence my repeated request for the make and model of their computer, or motherboard if it is a custom build. 

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2018 - 08:20 AM

@ Louis

You are probably right about the OP not returning.  But it was worth a shot to see if we could get a response. :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users