Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Creating Wishlist For New Gaming Pc.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Aljaud

Aljaud

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 10 October 2006 - 06:14 PM

Well, i've not had a working computer, of my own for like 7 months, and im trying to save up to get one that works great for everything i need it for, without going over $1500 ish.. I need something that can run all the newer games, on decently high settings (Medium at least, High prefered on all games) without crappy FPS. I'd mainly be using it for stuff like Half-Life 2 Episode 1, on high settings with HDR and stuff like that for games, but I also do alot of photoshopping, which usually gets going really slow on my current PC once i start getting lots of layers and stuff (Currently using Sempron 2400+ x.x).. So basically i need a PC to handle gaming well, as well as photoshopping and multitasking.

I'd say on average i'd have, Winamp, Firefox with 4 tabs or more, Aim, XFire, MSN, Photoshop, an FTP Program, and mabye 1-2 other things, when im doing photoshop stuff, and when i'm gaming mabye AIM/XFire, and not much else. Another thing, is I want this to last and not be like outdated by the time i get it, so im thinking of going for a 7600gt or something on the video card, or possibly just sticking with my 6800XT until the DX10 cards come out. Also, i'm realllly trying to learn 3d Modeling/Rendering for Games, and High-Res Abstract Wallpapers, etc so the computer should be able to handle that.

Here's what i was thinking of getting.

CPU - AMD X2 4600+ AM2 w/ 9500 Zalman HS/F
Motherboard - Wasn't sure on this, as long as it works with all my parts, and isnt really crappy :thumbsup:
RAM - I was thinking of getting 2gb Corsair XMS2 Memory, Duel Channeled or w/e but it looks a little pricey ($300)
Video Card - eVga GeForce 7950GT PCI-E Card - I kinda want to wait for a video card, until DX10 but this is what i had planned otherwise.
Case - I was gonna go for Thermaltake Armor, but it seems a little pricey too. I'd really like a decent sized Thermaltake case though.
Hard Drive(s) - I'm thinking of 2x 320gb Hard Drives (w/ Raid Data Striping), since there only $90 each

That's about it, here's a newegg wishlist with the actual parts, etc.. (Click Here)

I'm pretty sure the 2gb of DDR2 RAM, and 4600+ X2 will handle everything i throw at it, but I'm just wondering if i could mabye lower the wish list price a little, mabye get cheaper mouse/keyboard, etc..What i mainly needed suggestions on, is the Monitor, i wan't a widescreen that doesnt suck with Ghosting and stuff.. Anyway's i've gotta go, Thank you for reading this, hope to hear some of your suggestions :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:50 PM

Here's a link for a nice box around $1700: http://arstechnica.com/guides/buyer/system...de-200608.ars/3

You can save some $'s by reusing non-critical pieces from another PC, or by selecting lesser components (since I don't care about audio, I'd opt for a cheaper audio card).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users