Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't use touchpad while using keyboard

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 etrini12

etrini12

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 02 July 2018 - 04:20 PM

I have a Lenovo ideapad 330-15ikb with the latest Windows 10 update. It has an ELAN pointing device driver installed. I've been looking through all the mouse settings and I can't find any option to disable palmcheck or any setting relating to that. Is there any way to enable the touchpad while using the keyboard?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,737 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 02 July 2018 - 04:52 PM

What keyboard are you talking about - the laptop's own keyboard or an external USB one ?

I cannot speak for the IdeaPad 330 but my wife has a 310 and they are probably not much different. On her's it is the F6 key to turn the trackpad on or off. On most laptops I have run into before this one it would the Fn key plus Fx, where x was a number chosen by the manufacturer. Lenovo seem to have accepted that this range of laptops are not going to be used primarily by gamers so they have reversed the priorities on the function keys.

If you now want one of the classic function keys - F5 perhaps, to raise the flaps on your Boeing 737 - it takes 'Fn+F5'. This really speeds up gaming !

Chris Cosgrove

#3 etrini12

etrini12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:09 PM

What keyboard are you talking about - the laptop's own keyboard or an external USB one ?

I cannot speak for the IdeaPad 330 but my wife has a 310 and they are probably not much different. On her's it is the F6 key to turn the trackpad on or off. On most laptops I have run into before this one it would the Fn key plus Fx, where x was a number chosen by the manufacturer. Lenovo seem to have accepted that this range of laptops are not going to be used primarily by gamers so they have reversed the priorities on the function keys.

If you now want one of the classic function keys - F5 perhaps, to raise the flaps on your Boeing 737 - it takes 'Fn+F5'. This really speeds up gaming !

Chris Cosgrove

I'm talking about the laptop's own keyboard. To clarify, the problem is not enabling the touchpad, the problem is that the touchpad does not work while using the keyboard. For example, when I'm holding down a key I can't move the mouse at the same time.

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 AM

Posted 03 July 2018 - 03:59 PM

Have you tried updating, or installing, the Touchpad software.  Next up would be updating the BIOS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users