Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I tell if my phone is being spied on or that someone has remote access to

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ShellYeah13

ShellYeah13

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2018 - 10:49 AM

How do I tell if my phone is being spied on or if someone has remote access to it.

Edited by hamluis, 02 July 2018 - 11:52 AM.
Moved from MRA to General Security - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 muroga

muroga

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 07 July 2018 - 02:37 PM

The real question is why would you suspect the phone is compromised in the first place? Hard to suggest anything without knowing what kind of issues you are having.

#3 CharlieMonk

CharlieMonk

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 20 July 2018 - 07:45 PM

If you have an iPhone, unless you're a high level target, nobody's spying on you.

If you have an Android, it's quite possible. Check which apps are device administrators, as these have elevated power, which spyware would typically need.

Also, Sophos has free malware protection for android. It would be a good idea to install it, so you can scan your device. But make sure to follow the previous step first, since a device administrator can prevent apps from installing correctly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users