Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

documents won't open

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 kak53

kak53

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 02 July 2018 - 01:38 AM

I have no idea why -- this is a new issue.  I can't get some of the documents in "My Documents" to open.  What program do I use to open them.  Somehow they've been changed to open with Adobe Acrobat.  But error message says this will not open with this app.  I'm trying to open a WPS file.  I hope someone can give me very simple instructions how to correct this problem.

Thank you.

Windows 10

Avast

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 02 July 2018 - 10:38 AM

This topic has been duplicated in General Chat, and with two topics in Windows 10 Support.

In keeping with Bleeping Computer convention of, "One issue, one forum, one topic," the topic here will be locked and one in Windows 10 Support with no responses will be deleted.

Please post only once regarding a specific topic, choosing the forum you believe best suited to it.  In this case that would be Windows 10 Support, at least as its starting point.

Edited by britechguy, 02 July 2018 - 11:02 AM.
Fixed mis-identification of duplicate location

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users