Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus took away admin rights, booted into safe mode. Google works fine.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 salemoreo

salemoreo

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 01 July 2018 - 11:12 PM

I ended up with a virus. In task manager, there are a bunch of files; exert.exe, and fireproofing.exe. I was able to delete some files, but it's still running. It plays ads in the background, and also hogs the CPU. I tried to run windows defender, but it said it was disabled by IT. There are folders that weren't there before, so I tried to delete them. However, admin rights were blocked. Is there any way to fix this? I am currently running the Emisoft Emergency kit, and it's injecting some stuff. However, so did malwarebytes, along with adwcleaner, but the virus persisted. Any tips? I know I can reinstall windows, but i'd rather have it be a last ditch effort, because I have my steam mobile auth on my computer.

I hope i explained it well, I'm sort of panicking right now. Any help/advice will be appreciated. I will add pictures in a bit.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 salemoreo

salemoreo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2018 - 11:18 PM

I ran an sfc /scannow scan and it repaired some corrupted files. Here are the pictures i promised aswell.

https://i.imgur.com/SKU72Oe.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/GnjzpLo.jpg

#3 salemoreo

salemoreo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2018 - 11:50 PM

I also can't go into credential manager, it states an error has occured while performing this action. I also can't turn on any anti-virus at all - it won't let me.

#4 salemoreo

salemoreo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2018 - 12:27 AM

I went onto my other user... it's completely fine. I still want this solved if possible though. :)

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,209 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:06 PM

The way to get a solution to this malware problem is to start a topic in our malware removal section, here -

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-assistance/

Read the notes before you post and include the make and model of your computer and the OS you are using and as good a description of your problem as possible. You may refer to this topic if you wish, just copy/paste the URL at the top of this page.

To avoid any confusion I am going to close this topic, not because I don't want you to get help but because i want you to get help in the best place. It is not a good idea to have two topics open and, on BC, malware takes priority.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users