Hello all. It's good to be back after many years.
So, to put it briefly, my computer won't shut down properly and restarts/boots automatically after 3-4 seconds. Let me list some of my attempts and some symptoms to try and resolve this quickly. And a little bit of why it started.
PC SPECS: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jZJTbj
I did something really dumb by using CCleaner to scan and fix my registry. I was initially trying to find out why I was missing something from "Services.msc" for a drawing tablet driver. After the first shutdown, my computer would struggle to boot. It might be coincidence, but it finally booted up after I removed a displayport adapter from my GPU. After 3 clean installs, I felt like my PC was fixed of any registry issue. Only to find out that the shutdown doesn't work properly. Either way I've learned my lesson about not messing with registry.
Since then, I have:
- Turned off and on the "fast startup" in the Power Options.
- Turned off "Automatically restart" in the Startup and Recovery in the Advanced System Settings.
- Turned off "Allow a magic packet to wake the computer/Allow this device to wake the computer" from Device Manager>Network Adapters>Ethernet Connection
- Placed PC in sleep before it woke and did the same.
- Clean installed.
- Did an energy efficiency report via Command Prompt. Here's five errors that were listed, but I have been told it was normal for those errors to occur. https://i.imgur.com/Jgdx2Xu.png
- After shutting off PSU switch, the computer tries to repower itself. Some fans start and die off after a second.
Edited by Pixeus, 01 July 2018 - 05:21 PM.