Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wifi range declining

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SILE

SILE

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 01 July 2018 - 07:32 AM

Hello 

I have a dell laptop "Inspiron 5558" . For last, about 2 months, the wifi range in the laptop is not coming full as it used to, it just shows one dot range and doesn't even detect near about networks many times. 

Please lend me a hand, fixing it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 01 July 2018 - 08:53 AM

As the amount of dust builds up internally, it will reduce the range of the tiny WIFI antenna built into the WIFI chip assembly.  There may be other factors external to the laptop or router that will degrade the signal strength.

#3 SILE

SILE
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 01 July 2018 - 02:24 PM

Hey, Thanks 

Actually,the problem is not in Router because other devises do catch the range very well.

Besides that the network works very good when I access internet via lan cable directly.

Now do I have to clean it up if the case is of dust building up? Or is there any program that I can run which can help me identify if it is internal process or external?

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 01 July 2018 - 08:54 PM

You can try a can of compressed air, first blow into the exhaust port.  Then blow into any other openings, if ho improvement it needs to be opened up.  Put your make and model into a YouTube search, opening most up is pretty straight forward.

Edited by OldPhil, 01 July 2018 - 08:55 PM.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users