Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I improve to a better Nvidia GPU? And can I add more RAM/a better SSD?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 greeneclipse7

greeneclipse7

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 30 June 2018 - 05:36 PM

I have this pc:

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c05474320

and this is the motherboard specifically:

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/product/omen-by-hp-870-200/13687063/model/16450160/document/c05355651

Also, how much more RAM can I add? It says 16 GB but is that per UDIMM or is it total?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,071 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 30 June 2018 - 09:47 PM

Yes its possible and indeed it looks like the max ram is indeed 16GB

No need to worry about the max ram cap as that doesnt mean anything for gaming, anything over 16GB is kind of silly anyhow if you are just gaming.

Now if you were making videos with this machine then the 16 gig cap is a bit bad but you can still make do (as even i can still render videos with only 16 gigs)

The only other change you may wish to do is to change the power supply especially if you plan on getting something like the GTX 1080, its probably a bog standard PSU that is just enough to handle your hardware but if you do any overclocking in the future with a new GPU its going to be a strain on that probably cheaply made POS that HP gave you

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users