Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Phone suddenly has YouTube restricted turned on, cannot turn off.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ColeB4516

ColeB4516

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:25 PM

Since I woke up this last morning, the YouTube app on my phone (LG Stylo 3), has been in "Restricted mode" dissalowing me from viewing comments on any videos and many videos themselves. The help I could find said to go into the account settings on youtube, and click "restricted mode" then dis/enable it. Thing is, that's nowhere to be found in my account settings. Have screenshots, though not sure how to upload here. First time posting. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ColeB4516

ColeB4516
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:36 PM

I found the restricted mode enable/disable switch, but it's blanked out. Can't change it. Says "network administrator" locked it. Thought at first it was the wifi I'd hooked on to, but still blanked after I turn off wifi altogether. I'm not on a family plan or anything of the sort with my service provider (Boost Mobile), and this hasn't ever happened before. I don't know what to do.

Edited by ColeB4516, 29 June 2018 - 05:38 PM.

#3 Malcolmer

Malcolmer

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 23 August 2018 - 06:22 AM

I know that lots of people have the same problem on their devices and even on their PCs. And as I know even the YouTube support don't give a salvation of that problem. Do you have it only on your phone or on computer also? Try to reinstall the app and scan your device for some sort of viruses, maybe it will help.

#4 sscoolyssh

sscoolyssh

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 08 September 2018 - 09:25 AM

I somewhere on the forums previously saw a similar problem. How much I remember with this problem coped only when they installed a proxy (I was surprised too, I do not understand how this could help) and when the application was removed and downloaded and logged in again. I believe that you need to try to start the second point, but if that does not help, then go back to the first one.

#5 svim

svim

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 05 October 2018 - 02:45 PM

Looking at Google's support site on this:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/174084?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en&oco=1

if you're just using mobile data or public WiFi, that 'Restricted mode' issue isn't something that you'll have a lot of control over (the former maintained by your carrier, the latter by whatever company or business is supplying that public WiFi network).

Do you have this same issue using your home WiFi (if you have it of course) connection?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users