Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ryzen 2600x temp spikes???

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PortalBreaker

PortalBreaker

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:29 AM

Hello,

I am a little put off by my CPU having temp spikes.

It's not enormous, but it fluctuates between 25-55 degrees when browsing Chrome and using Skype.

At idle, it never spikes over 45 degrees.

Right now, it goes down to about 35, then jumps up to 55.

I can tell it happening, because my CPU fan is set to auto, so I can literally hear the fan pick up speed, then slow down, then pick up speed.

The fan jumps from 900-1050 rpm.

This is not normal, and I am worried.

Please, any help would be appreciated.

PS: I just reapplied proper thermal paste, and made sure it was mounted properly.

https://imgur.com/a/iKxAzfR

Edited by hamluis, 29 June 2018 - 09:24 AM.
Moved from Crashes/BSODs to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 841 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 02 July 2018 - 02:47 PM

those are pretty normal temps.  below 60 i wouldn't worry about anything.

depending what your looking at in your browser will effect temperatures!

#3 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,441 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 02 July 2018 - 04:03 PM

Both Google Chrome and Skype are resource hogs and require lots of memory and processor so not uncommon to find increase in processor temps.

As long as your computer is not randomly restarting / shutting down or stalling / freezing I wouldn't be to concerned about it although keep and eye on the temps.

Another thing which causes temps to change is the ambient temperature / environment where the computer is being used.

Remove the side cover and physically touch the heat sink and how it feels, warm to hot is normal and if you are able to touch it and it doesn't feel to hot to touch then I would say it's OK.

I'm grumpy because I can be not because I'm old.

The world is what you make of it, if it doesn't fit, you make alterations.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.  (Mark Twain)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users