Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ram slot not working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rishn99

Rishn99

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2018 - 11:58 PM

Specs:
Motherboard - Gigabyte H110m-s2
Processor - Intel Pentium G4560 dual core hyper thread
Rams
1. Kingston 4gb kvr24n17s6/4 (2400 mhz) ddr4
2.Kinston 4gb kvr21n15s8/4 (2133 mhz) ddr4
Windows 10 x64 bit

Here is the problem.
I had only 1 ram installed when i decided to double it up. Now when i run both of the ram together monitor shows "no signal"
When i run either of them in slot 1 both works perfectly but individually not together. None of them works in slot 2 . From this i concluded that the ram slot 2 is definitely not working cause they both are running good on slot 1. So i sent my motherboard to the company (as it was in warranty) and now they tell me that my processor is not compatible with motherboard whereas it is just working fine if ram is in slot 1.
PS : Motherboard and ram 1 and processor are 3-5 months old .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,496 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 29 June 2018 - 12:10 AM

The CPU is listed as supported here:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-H110M-S2-rev-10#support-cpu

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 Rishn99

Rishn99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2018 - 12:11 AM

Exactlty, i also checked for that but the company's engineer gave this excuse. Dont know what to do

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,496 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 29 June 2018 - 02:28 AM

Apart from refusing to accept the diagnosis, the only alternative I can think of would be to try a different CPU in the board. If the second slot worked OK with a different CPU, that would at least confirm there is a problem with using a G4560. If the slot still didn't work, it would support you in insisting the board was genuinely faulty.

A work-around could be to use an 8GB DIMM and sell the two 4GB sticks.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users