Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop shuts off when unplugged & battery stuck at same percentage

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Configuration

Configuration

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 28 June 2018 - 04:38 PM

Recently I've ran into the problem that my laptop shuts off randomly whenever its not charging and unplugged.
First my laptop ran smoothly with no problem for an hour or so without charging then suddenly turns off.
Now my laptop won't turn on at all without being charged and it turns off immediately when unplugging the charger. This happened before with a different battery and I had it replaced with another. This battery worked fine for like two days but now im having the same issue again. Are any there more things I could try to get my laptop working properly again? The battery says its charging aswell but that's not happening as it stays on the same percentage. The laptop seems to recognize the battery but won't charge for some reason? 

193834d1530211226-laptop-turns-off-batte

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 841 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 28 June 2018 - 04:43 PM

what's the make/model of your computer?  it matters that's why i'm asking.

#3 Configuration

Configuration
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 28 June 2018 - 04:58 PM

what's the make/model of your computer?  it matters that's why i'm asking.

Dell Latitude E6510

Here is a battery report that explains the situation a little bit better: 

Attached File  battery percentage stuck.PNG   50.44KB   0 downloads left mouse click > open link on another tab

Edited by Configuration, 28 June 2018 - 05:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users