Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer getting BSOD, freezing and not booting.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 naxor

naxor

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 28 June 2018 - 12:24 AM

For the past couple of years my computer has been freezing and getting BSOD every so often but it has only gotten worse with time. It used to happen every so often and sometimes it would happen for a week consecutively and then stop. Now, I can't even boot a game without having it freeze on me (image is stuck on screen and the PC is completely unresponsive yet still turned on with the fans running). Please help me figure it out so I can go back to using my PC. Thank you in advance.

Here's my speccy: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/vsXyGomSyTOLWiGFX6EFv0q

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jenae

jenae

• Members
  • 824 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:35 AM

Hi, did you modify your running services? If so did you follow a guide? You have many services stopped that should be started, it is not wise to play here.

#3 naxor

naxor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2018 - 02:10 AM

Hi, did you modify your running services? If so did you follow a guide? You have many services stopped that should be started, it is not wise to play here.

I did not, also did a factory reset of the PC and still keep having the same issues.

#4 dmccoy

dmccoy

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,001 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 28 June 2018 - 08:02 PM

How did you run speccy if you cannot get into the computer? Do you have access to another computer to create bootable media for testing your hardware?

We are all volunteers so please by kind, courteous and respectful of all staff and members

I try to respond in 24-48 hours normally and I am more active on weekdays than weekends. However, sometimes due to my health, family or life it may take me a little longer. If you have not heard from me within 72 hours then please PM me a reminder. 

BC BSOD Posting Instructions 

#5 naxor

naxor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2018 - 02:45 AM

How did you run speccy if you cannot get into the computer? Do you have access to another computer to create bootable media for testing your hardware?

It is able to boot correctly after several attempts to turn the PC on. I do.

EDIT: It has stopped booting altogether. I now get an unresponsive screen which talks about some sort of BIOS setup.

Edited by naxor, 02 July 2018 - 03:05 AM.

#6 dmccoy

dmccoy

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,001 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 05 July 2018 - 12:06 PM

If you are able to access the bios, then check and see if your hard drive is still being recognized in the boot menu and let me know. Also provide the make and model of your computer.

Edited by dmccoyks, 05 July 2018 - 12:14 PM.

We are all volunteers so please by kind, courteous and respectful of all staff and members

I try to respond in 24-48 hours normally and I am more active on weekdays than weekends. However, sometimes due to my health, family or life it may take me a little longer. If you have not heard from me within 72 hours then please PM me a reminder. 

BC BSOD Posting Instructions 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users