Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD on any modern game

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hjaddI1s

hjaddI1s

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 27 June 2018 - 11:58 PM

Hi, this has been happening for years now. I don't play video games too much anymore, but when I do, my computer crashes. Over the years, I have tried multiple things to fix the issue, and have never been met with any success. 

I have attached the required .zipfile, and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! 

The only thing I have changed since this screenshot is that there is no longer the AAA monitor, just one primary now. 

XRzYk5h.png

·System Manufacturer - N/A, self built

· OS - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - 1709

· What was original installed OS on system? - Originally Windows 7 64-bit, upgraded to Windows 10 around 2015.

· Age of the computer (hardware) - 2014

It should be noted that I am also using an XFX Pro 750w as my PSU. 

Attached Files

Edited by hjaddI1s, 28 June 2018 - 12:01 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hjaddI1s

hjaddI1s
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2018 - 10:11 PM

willing to paypal $20 to someone who is willing to solve this issue lol

#3 HonorGamer

HonorGamer

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 29 June 2018 - 01:19 AM

Hello,

Try doing a windows update.

scmndisp.sys Wed Jan 17 02:48:03 2007 (45ADD4B3)

This driver belongs to Netgear Neutral Wireless Solution. If you are still using any Netgear equipment, make sure it is fully up to date: http://kb.netgear.com/app/. If not then uninstall any tools you may have with them.

It actually looks like a lot of drivers could be out of date. Make sure you are updating your software as out of date drivers can cause BSODs.

You also stated every time you play you get a BSOD. There was only one minidump file in the collection.

This is probably a good place to start for now. Post back if it keeps happening.

Also, we do not take private donations, if you would like to donate for people assisting you, then please donate to the community.

#4 hjaddI1s

hjaddI1s
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:31 AM

alright so i was just playing rainbow six siege, and it blue screened on me once more. this time with a "memory management" error. i've updated just about any driver i can think of, and windows 10 is 100% up to date. 

i've ran memtest before, and it showed no errors with any RAM i have. currently running 4 sticks @ 1600mhz, 4gb each. still not sure what the issue could be. 

edit: 

i just checked the manufacturers website of my motherboard model/make

ASRock Z87 Extreme4

https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z87%20Extreme4/#Memory

I was looking at RAM compatibility, and my sticks are not on the data sheet 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231718

these are my sticks, sku # - F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL

I have 4, could this be causing the issue? even though my RAM isnt listed, could this actually be the issue?

edit again:

https://gskill.com/en/product/f3-12800cl9s-4gbxl-

nevermind, the g. skill website's QVL for this type of RAM shows that it is compatible with my motherboard. so, still not sure what the issue could be. 

Edited by hjaddI1s, 06 July 2018 - 12:58 AM.

#5 HonorGamer

HonorGamer

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:07 AM

Please run the tool again, so we can get the latest files.

#6 hjaddI1s

hjaddI1s
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:22 AM

here you go 

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users