Does anyone else have this problem? This is on a 64-bit Window 10 laptop.
ntoskernel.exe is actively using about 10% of the CPU all the time. This may not appear to be a big problem; however, every part of the PC runs perfectly fine ASIDE from the keyboard. There is a tremendous amount of keyboard stutter and lag whilst typing. I have tried some of the solutions online, including:
1. Booting into safe mode - The problem persists in safe mode.
2. Using Regedit.exe to reset some memory usage - I've read ntoskernel.exe is involved in RAM somehow, but I have about 10 GB RAM that is free. I don't think it is a memory leak issue. Did nothing.
3. DISM Restore Health - Did nothing.
4. Reinstalling Windows 10 on the PC while deleting all the programs - Did nothing.
5. Updating drivers in Device Manager for every piece of hardware aside from the "System devices" - Did nothing.
6. Uninstalling the keyboard and restarting the PC - Did nothing.
Interesting, if I uninstall my touchpad driver and restart the computer, the keyboard stutter IS STILL THERE, but the frequency of the stuttering is REDUCED dramatically. Furthermore, the ntoskernel.exe goes down to about 0.1-0.5% CPU usage.
Because of this, I am certain it must be a driver issue related to the hardware.
Sometimes, the ntoskernel.exe issue will fix itself in a few hour if the PC is idle. In this case, the keyboard works PERFECTLY.
Sometimes the issue DOES NOT fix itself if I idle the computer for a few hours. If the problem does somehow fix itself, it arises again if the computer is turned off and back on. If it ever does fix itself, I don't plan to turn off my computer for a while, but put it to sleep.
Can someone please help? This is driving me insane. This whole thing was a pain to type.
Edited by mchiu, 27 June 2018 - 05:47 PM.