Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unsucessfull Win 10 Install 17686.1003 (rs_prerelease) corrupted my system.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 rnallamilli

rnallamilli

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 27 June 2018 - 04:30 AM

Hello,

I was trying to install 'Windows 10 Insider Preview 17686.1003 (rs_prerelease)' unsucessfully. Tried installing this update multiple times unsucessfully. Each time when its reverting back my system became slow in performance and not its effecting my applications. 

This update is downloaded overnight and when i restart my system in the morning it starts installing the update and fails.

Please help me fix this issue.

Thanks,

Raman Nallamilli

Edited by hamluis, 27 June 2018 - 04:32 AM.
Moved from Crashes/BSODs to W10 Spt - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,807 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 27 June 2018 - 05:08 AM

Windows 10 Insider Preview 17686 is an old version of the Insider Preview so you will not have any luck trying to install it. If you really want to install an Insider Preview program then it is best to actually sign up to be a Windows 10 Insider and also install the most current Windows 10 Insider Preview program, which is currently 17692. The one that you are having bad luck with is no longer supported as a current release.

Edit to update the version number of the current Insider build.

Edited by Rocky Bennett, 27 June 2018 - 09:39 AM.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 rnallamilli

rnallamilli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2018 - 05:24 AM

Hello Rocky,

Thank you for your reply. I am already registered for 'Windows Insider Program'. Attached Screen Shot.

Windows Update is automatically downloading this build and installing and failing. How can i reset my Windows Update so that New Build is available for me to download?

Thanks,

Nallamilli Raman. 

Attached Files

• Attached File  Ins1.png   474.56KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  Ins2.png   408.31KB   0 downloads

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,807 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2018 - 09:43 AM

The thread title indicates that your system is corrupted but your explanation of what is going on does not indicate any corruption. Are you still having problems?

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#5 rnallamilli

rnallamilli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:43 AM

Hi... I do have issues with my Laptop as it become slow and taking lot of time to open even chrome..

I did clean all the Temp files, reinstalled chrome, Office 365, and Mozilla still slowness is there. I thought of doing a fresh install today and when i checked Windows Update i found that  system automatically downloaded and installed.. Windows 10 Insider Preview 17704.1000 (rs_prerelease) sucessfully. 

Till now did not see further issues but i think.. i do need to clean up my system.

Thanks,

Nallamilli Raman.

#6 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,807 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2018 - 10:15 AM

Do you know how to do a clean install of a Windows 10 Insider Preview build? Because I am an adventurous Windows 10 Insider, and an avid Microsoft fanboy, I usually create my own ISO install files from all the new Insider builds. You have to be comfortable dual booting multiple instances of Windows 10 and be willing to completely delete your current installation. Although it sounds intimidating, it is quick and easy.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#7 rnallamilli

rnallamilli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 12:23 AM

I have done a clean install from ISO.. but its not Insider Preview Build. Please let me know the steps for backing up this current install to ISO as tThis present preview build is working good except for couple of things..

1. System startup is slow.. taking a lot of time to Open any application

2. Sometimes my application hangs for couple of min. but later it becomes normal.

For system slowness i cleared all the temp files, nothing enabled in the startup and did full scan of my system using Kaspersky.. nothing found.

Do i need to raise a different post for checking if my system is infected with adware or malware or any virus which is effecting performance of my system.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Nallamilli Raman.

#8 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,807 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 05:05 AM

If you have just performed a completely clean install AND ran Kaspersky, then you should be malware free. If you really suspect malware then yes, by all means, open a new thread in the appropriate forum.

I do not know what you mean by backing up a current installation as an ISO file. An ISO file is used as a special type of file that contains the fundamental aspects of an operating system so that you can use that to install the OS into a computer, not as a type of file that is designed to store an entire installation. To create a back up file of your installation, many people use Macrium Reflect, it is a good program that gets good reviews.

https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree

Another thing I don't understand is that you said that you just performed a clean install of a non-insider build but you are currently running an Insider build, is this correct? So you installed the current retail build of Windows 10 1803 (build 17134.137) and then went through the process of updating your system to preview build 17704? This build is awesome with many new features and bug fixes. Expect that build to be around for a few weeks because a lot of work went into it. 

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#9 rnallamilli

rnallamilli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 06:17 AM

Hi Rocky, I think there is a little confusion. I did a clean install in May-18. And since last week of May-18 windows started installing insider preview build 17686.1003 and failed multiple times. This caused few problem in my system for which I raised this request. I was planning to do fresh install yesterday and when I checked windows update I found that it installed 17704.1000 successfully without any issues. This is an insider preview build.
Now want to check if there are any adware or Malware or any pups which is causing my system performance to go down. Also wanted to make a copy of this install as a backup.

Edited by rnallamilli, 30 June 2018 - 06:18 AM.

#10 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,807 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 07:36 AM

OK, I see. Many people use Macrium Reflect to create a complete copy of a Windows installation and it works for preview builds just like a retail version. It is quick and easy to create a back up copy of your Windows installation, although I never do it because I prefer to do a clean install if anything were to go wrong with my system.

If you suspect malware then it would not be wise to copy that system. Start a thread in the "Am I Infected" section and someone will assist you.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#11 rnallamilli

rnallamilli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 07:56 AM

Thank You Rocky for your help. I will start a new thread as sugggested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users