Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't access properties of folder in windows server 2003

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 andrewlee394

andrewlee394

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 26 June 2018 - 08:25 PM

I need help, when I right-click on a folder to access its properties this context menu comes out which is not normal. Also I cannot rename the folder. When I double click on the folder, nothing happens. How come this menu doesn't look anything like the normal one? The folder is located in Windows Server 2003 running in a Windows XP Pro environment for all other pcs. I need to right-click on the folder to set some file security options, but unable to. Other folders have the normal context menu when I right click it. Thanks for your help and advice.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 andrewlee394

andrewlee394
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2018 - 03:04 AM

Normally the normally context menu would look like the one attached here for reference.

Attached Files

#3 andrewlee394

andrewlee394
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2018 - 06:46 PM

Hi tech guys out there, any comments about why the context menu in Windows Server 2003 have missing menus and can't access the properties of the folder?

#4 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 01 July 2018 - 11:25 AM

Judging by what little I can see of the error message, it looks like you don't have access. Is the Netapp file share properly mounted? Who has permissions to that server? What permissions do they have?

#5 andrewlee394

andrewlee394
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2018 - 10:34 AM

Thanks flatechguy for your post. It's strange because I have logged in as Administer and only certain folders have this going on. Most other folders can view the properties menu fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users