Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Update failure then boot loop

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 arez123

arez123

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 26 June 2018 - 07:42 PM

So I posted this about 2 weeks ago but I've been working a lot so I lost the thread.

Basically what happened is my computer updated and I woke up and it was stuck at 100% configured so I was forced to do a forced shutdown and then now my PC is just boot looping it goes to where it says Acer than black screens and just does it again im really not too sure what to do cause I'm not the best eith computers but if someone could walk me through it it would be appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 26 June 2018 - 07:53 PM

original topic HERE

do you have a Windows 10 install disc ??

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 arez123

arez123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 26 June 2018 - 08:01 PM

original topic HERE

do you have a Windows 10 install disc ??

thanks!! And sadly no I dont I got this computer given to me so Is this something I would have to buy??

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 26 June 2018 - 08:19 PM

win 10 is definitely not my thing anymore (i now use Linux).......but if you have no data/pics/etc etc that needs to be saved on the current install.....

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/667627/doing-a-completely-clean-install-of-windows-10/

if you do have data/pics etc that needs saving, wait for one of the expert people here to help you

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,823 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 26 June 2018 - 08:48 PM

You can download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool on another computer and create a DVD or USB flash drive. 

Please read the post by BC member jenae. It will describe copying your Registry Hives from the Regback folder to config. This will only work if the dates on the hives in Regback are before the loop problem. They also cannot be zero bytes.

I would advise you read it over twice before proceeding. This is for inaccessible boot device but the procedure is also used for a looping problem on an update.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/674092/how-to-fix-inaccessible-boot-device-error/?p=4470647

Edit: This can also be done with a Hirens PE disk based on Windows 10. You can burn the iso to a DVD by right clicking and selecting Burn Disk Image. Once booted to the desktop browse to the following directory. C:\Windows\System32\config.  In that folder are 5 registry Hives 

Software

System

Sam

Security

Rename then all with a .bak extension

After Renaming browse to C:\Windows\System32\config\Regback. Copy the five hives in the Regback folder to the config folder. 

Using Hirens PE disk may be easier for you than using the command line. Note. The Regback dates have to be before the problem and not zero byte files. 

It may be required for you to disable SecureBoot in order to Boot Hirens PE disk.

Edited by JohnC_21, 26 June 2018 - 08:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users