Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Enterprise SAS SSD upgrade

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 xrobwx

xrobwx

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 26 June 2018 - 04:28 PM

I am looking at upgrading my HHD's to SSD's on my work Server. It's a Dell T320 with a PERC H310 RAID controller. The current HDD's are 2 Cheetah's 15K 600GB in RAID 1. I want to replace these with Enterprise SAS SDD's. Does anyone have any experience with this? Any negatives? Will this reduce lag to the clients? 

This Windows Server 2008 R2 runs our Point of Sale software with SQL as it's database, with 3 thin clients connected. I have an image of the RAID on a third internal HDD, I have another image on an external USB drive, The image on the internal HDD is uploaded to a Synology DS718+ NAS in RAID 1 at my home.

Thanks, just looking for thoughts, opinions, experiences.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users