Jump to content


 


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.


Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Chrome not connecting to sites.


  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JestoNsane4u

JestoNsane4u

  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:03 PM

Hello,

    First off I would like to say hello, I am new to the forum. I work for a support team in FL. I have a customer whom is having issues with there Chrome. It connects to websites some of the time and won't connect other times. Windows Edge is working fine. 

 

Here is what I have done:

Uninstalled, reinstalled Chrome

Changed the registry value of Chrome under blbeacon

Turned off all Firewalls and any game controllers

deleted any unnecessary programs

downloaded Chrome Canary (which did the same thing with connections)

changed the dns server to google

cleared all caches and cookies

changed the extensions

messed with the developer options

turned of hardware rendering

 

I have literally tried everything that I found on search and youtube, and can't get anything to work. It's almost as if there's lost communication between Chrome and any server it's trying to contact. It doesn't seem to be an issue with anything related to virus protection, related to the TCP/IP settings, Proxy setting, or administrative restrictions as the issue persists even under administration. I am quite stumped and haven't ran into this issue, usually some basic setting was changed (like the dns being set to manual, automatic detection of ip etc...) and that doesn't seem to be the case here. If someone thinks they may have a resolution for this, please respond. I will provide you with any details I can and let you know if I have tried what your suggestion is.



BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

 


#2 jeenyus

jeenyus

  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 30 June 2018 - 07:17 PM

Check recent Microsoft updates. 

 

Also, run this in command prompt. 

 

winsock netsh reset.






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users