Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Co-Detecting SATA Port 0 Stuck

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MrCacti

MrCacti

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2018 - 08:39 PM

Hello, I am for some odd reason unable to access my operating system ( Windows 7 Professional x86 ). So, in an attempt to fix this issue, I changed my SATA settings from IDE, To AHCI. Now, when I start up my PC, It is stuck on the boot screen. When I try to access my BIOS settings to change it back to IDE. It says, Co-Detecting SATA port 0. It is stuck on this screen. I created a short video to show my issue. https://youtu.be/WCEyImN-Ox4

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,045 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 24 June 2018 - 09:05 PM

Shutdown. Detach the hard drive from the PSU and Motherboard. Reboot and tap F10. Can you access your BIOS settings to change from AHCI to IDE?

#3 MrCacti

MrCacti
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2018 - 09:07 PM

No, I can not. When I try to access the BIOS settings, it shows the same screen again. Co Detecting SATA port 0. I can not find a way to access the BIOS settings to change my SATA back to IDE.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,045 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 24 June 2018 - 09:13 PM

Power down. Pull your power cable. Pull the CMOS battery on the motherboard. Hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Replace the CMOS battery and power cord. See if you can access your BIOS settings.

Be sure to touch some bare metal of the case before removing the battery.

#5 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 24 June 2018 - 10:37 PM

Part of the POST display screen is off the edge, the message on that line is Auto-Detecting SATA Port.

If the more comprehensive CMOS discharge doesn't allow BIOS setup access, faultfinding should proceed on the basis of not Auto-Detecting. This is a widespread symptom usually due to corruption of the hard drive, it would be a strange error to get without a drive connected.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users