Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Estefano

Estefano

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2018 - 12:38 AM

I have a toshiba satellite laptop which is just over 2 years old now. The past few months Ive had this problem where my laptop refuses to turn on and instead the white light on the front indicating whether its charging or on turns on, not the laptop. Ive solved this by unplugging its charger and letting it run out of charge (the light turning off which can take a day), plugging it back in to charge and it turns on normally. I would speed the process up by plugging in the USB ports my phone playing something to drain the battery faster since he USB ports worked for some reason. Recently however it seems the issue has gotten worse. The laptop now when plugged in and I hit the power button turns on the white light but as soon as I unplug the charger the light turns off. Ive left it plugged in but regardless after hitting the power button and unplugging it, the light goes away. Ive tried the USB ports but they werent on. Nothing else seemed to work. I really need some assistance with this issue. Thank you if youve read all of this I understand its a hassle to read but Id really appreciate any feedback!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:07 AM

What happens if you take the battery out and use just the adapter?

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users