Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hitachi Deskstar NAS or Seagate Barracuda Pro

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mike2r

mike2r

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 23 June 2018 - 07:19 AM

i want one hard disk of 10 TB to buy.. i am between Seagate Barracuda Pro 10TB and Hitachi Deskstar NAS 10TB

which is the best?? and which you are suggested me to buy??

and what is the difference between these 2??
which is faster,, quality and speed??

is better to buy 2 Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB instead of one hardisk with 10 TB?>?

can you tell me please??

what is more safe and better?

to buy one hardisk with 10 TB? or to buy 2 Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB ?
look i am between these 2 hardisks

Seagate Barracuda Pro 12TB

Hitachi Deskstar NAS 10TB

i will use one of these drives for games ,movies music,, add files,,, delete files, to play games in this hardisk,, to uninstall , and all these things
so

my question is which from these 2 hardisks to, buy and what is better to take 2 pairs Seagate-Barracuda-Pro-6TB or to buy one Seagate-Barracuda-Pro-12TB

or to buy 2 pairs from Hitachi Deskstar NAS 6TB? instead of one hardisk Hitachi-Deskstar-NAS-10TB

what you suggested me to buy??

which is the best????

Hitachi Deskstar or baraguda???

which is better and which is faster??> with less failures??

do you believe that HGST are better from Seagate Barracuda Pro>?

which is the difference between 128 and 256 cashe?

can you see any difference between 128 and 256 cashe?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,401 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 23 June 2018 - 04:26 PM

For playing games, it's better to use SSD or even smaller (and perhaps faster) HDD. Those 10TB class HDD's are generally optimized for data storage, especially disks that are meant for NAS systems.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,883 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 26 June 2018 - 12:52 PM

Your questions...present two posisbly conflicting focus areas.

If your primary concern is storage space capability...then that will be in conflict with the fastest drives.

The fastest drives, hands down, are SSDs.

The drives with the largest storage capacity...will not be SSDs.

Generally...no one yet buys SSDs to use for enormous storage...the cost, when compared to the cost of Seagate/WD drives with multi-TB capacities...is more than many of us would ever spend for storage drives.

Example 1

Example 2

Louis

#4 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,073 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 26 June 2018 - 02:19 PM

There are a lot of pros and cons to those kinds of drives, and really if the only thing you are going to do with them is game storage then you really dont need that kind of room.

anything over 4GB is more for servers and other mass storage solutions and not really for storing games.

Unless you want to install every game known to mankind there is little need for over 4GB of storage.

You may be better off with two drives instead of one, if space is an issue you can just load another drive if your machine can take it.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users