Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desperate Need of HELP

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sraev1

Sraev1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 23 June 2018 - 03:05 AM

I read another post on this forum with the exact same issues that I am having.  I had a virus about 2 mos ago.  Thought we got rid of it. Slowly, all computers in our home nerwork were starting to have same issues.  Files being added without any of the users knowledge, then the admin priviedges started to slowly be taken over, then unable to download any files or updates until finally lose ability to use computer.  Internet won't connect and then the system eventually blue screens.  We have reset computer, reinstalled Windows 10, swapped hard drives, clean installed Windows 10.  Then I realized the BIOS had been changed.  I am so frustrated and need help desperately.

Attached File  FRST.txt   83.24KB   7 downloads

Attached File  Addition.txt   20.72KB   4 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 40,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 25 June 2018 - 09:20 AM

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

I have reviewed your logs and they are clean.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from here
  • Right-click on the MBAM icon and select Run as administrator to run the tool.
  • Click Yes to accept any security warnings that may appear.
  • Once the MBAM dashboard opens, on the right detail pane click on the word "Current" under the Scan Status to update the tool database.
  • On the left menu pane click the Settings tab, and then select the Protection tab on the top.
  • Under the Scan Options, turn on the button Scan for rootkits and Scan within archives.
  • Click the Scan tab on the right detail pane, select Threat Scan and click the Start Scan button
  • Note: The scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient.
  • If potential threats are detected, ensure to checkmark all the listed items, and click the Quarantine Selected button.
  • While still on the Scan tab, click the View Report button, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.
  • The log can also be viewed by clicking the log to select it, then clicking the View Report button.
Please post the log for my review.

Note: If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.
===

--RogueKiller--
  • Download & SAVE to your Desktop Download RogueKiller
  • Quit all programs that you may have started.
  • Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!
  • For Vista or above, right-click the program file and select "Run as Administrator"
  • Accept the user agreements.
  • Execute the scan and wait until it has finished.
  • If a Windows opens to explain what [PUM's] are, read about it.
  • Click the RoguKiller icon on your taksbar to return to the report.
  • Click open the Report
  • Click Export TXT button
  • Save the file as ReportRogue.txt
  • Click the Remove button to delete the items in RED
  • Click Finish and close the program.
  • Locate the ReportRogue.txt file on your Desktop and copy/paste the contents in your next.
=======

Download Farbar's Service Scanner utility
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-service-scanner/dl/62/
and Save to your Desktop.
If using Windows 7 or above, Right-Click on fss.exe and select Run As Administrator.
If using XP, double-click to start.
Answer Yes to ok when prompted.
If your firewall then puts out a prompt, again, allow it to run.
Once FSS is on-screen, be sure the following items are checkmarked:
Internet Services
Windows Firewall
System Restore
Security Center/Action Center
Windows Update
Windows Defender

Click on "Scan".
It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
Copy & Paste contents of FSS.txt into your reply.
===

Please post the logs and let me know what problem persists.

#3 Sraev1

Sraev1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 28 June 2018 - 02:19 AM

Nasdaq,

Hi! Thank you for replying to my issue.

My computer is not allowing me to download anything at all.  The BIOS had already been changed and grayed out.  I can not highlight and f5/F6 any line item except for security then the ADMIN PASSWORD selection only.   but I was still able to boot from USB flash drive until Monday. This allowed me to reinstall Windows when the computer would not function. Now I am at a loss.  I don't know how to download anything onto

the PC and run it.  I might be able to get into the command prompt, but my understanding is that mostly all of the aps are a shell.  I have lost the option to get online because there is not an application to select to do so and the Microsoft Store is just a shell.  I can't download/install anything including updates.  I was going to uninstall Windows 10 and run Linux.  I am on my husband's laptop and he is now on the Linux operating system because the problems I had are now showing on his computer and my daughter's MacBook.  I found that Microsoft Edge had a hidden embedded file and it was running on a proxy and I guess this is how it got in my computer.  Now on my husbands it looks like it is using the printer spool to travel around our network.  Our IP Address is 72.***.*** which I have never seen our PC having that low of an ip in the 7's.  I don't know what to do. I cannot download the programs that you have asked unless there is another way besides usb flash drive to do so. If you have any suggestions at all I welcome them.  I am desperate and will try anything if it can possibly help.

#4 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 40,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 28 June 2018 - 06:39 AM

Hi,

Can you boot to Safe Mode with Networking?

If you can download the Farbar program and run it in Safe Mode.

Post the logs is you can.

If all fails the start a new topic in the Windows 10 Forum.
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/229/windows-10-support/

An expert with that operating system can possibly help you better than I can at this time.

If or when you get the Farbar program running you can return here and post the logs for my review.

This topic will be opened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users