Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing Windows 10 From USB

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sianide93

Sianide93

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:19 PM

Usualy I don't have any problems booting up a Windows 10 iso. It's something I've done 20 times now because I can't seem to stop switching operating systems from linux to windows. It's a once every month or two thing. This time around I decided to try Fedora. I've installed rufus to create a bootable USB, however it just boots into a black screen with a blinking cursor; Indefinitely. I think, haven't tested that theory.  Help? :X

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,873 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:58 PM

The first thing I'd do is to download a fresh copy of the ISO file, and then create a bootable USB from that.

It is not unheard of for an ISO to have corruption of some kind.  If you don't think that's the case then get a new USB thumb drive and use Rufus to create bootable media on it with the ISO you have.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

#3 Sianide93

Sianide93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:18 PM

Testing another download now. When I try downloading via Firefox I keep having to restart the download. Not sure if that would mess with the integrity, but I'm downloading via torrent to go around that. Should work.  Thanks for the quick reply.  Love your signature by the way!

Edited by Sianide93, 22 June 2018 - 03:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users