Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Beep when charger plug in. No BIOS setting to turn off beep.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Findout12

Findout12

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:45 AM

I have a Toshiba Satellite L775d-s7332 17.3" laptop. The old battery (Model: PA3817U-1BRS) is bad, but when plugged in, the laptop turns on but not charge. I bought a new battery same model (aftermarket) and tried it but the battery light flashes about every 5 second. I return the new battery and bought another 1 and same results.  The laptop works fine with only charger and no battery or with charger and old bad battery. The latest BIOS on the laptop is installed version 1.50.  I can't downgrade the BIOS because the laptop wouldn't allow me since it does not see the battery. Any suggestions?

Edited by hamluis, 22 June 2018 - 02:03 PM.
Merged topics - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Findout12

Findout12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:07 AM

I have a gateway MS2285  (NV53 Series) laptop. It makes an annoying beep when the charger plug in. There is no setting in the Bios to turn off the beep. I also tried to mute the system volume but it only allow me to lower the overall volume. There is not beeping sound when the volume is muted but that is only a temporary solution. Any suggestions?

Edited by hamluis, 22 June 2018 - 02:02 PM.

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,456 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:33 AM

Power down the computer and remove the power cord. Remove the battery. Hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Replace the battery. Attach your power cord and boot. Does the light still flash? This could be a fault in the charging circuit.

#4 Findout12

Findout12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:49 AM

Power down the computer and remove the power cord. Remove the battery. Hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Replace the battery. Attach your power cord and boot. Does the light still flash? This could be a fault in the charging circuit.

Thank you for your reply. I tried the reset the laptop by power down it and remove battery and power cord and hold down the power button for over 1 minute but it does not help. I agree with you that it could be the charging circuit. I not too long start repairing laptops, i'll try to do some testing on the motherboard. Any help with charging circuit schematic  or any other advice will be appreciate.

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,456 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:15 AM

Unfortunately I do not believe service manuals or schematics are easy to find for Toshibas. You will need to do a web search. 

#6 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 681 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2018 - 10:34 AM

Windows 7.

1. Right click on the sound icon down by the clock.
  2. Select "Playback Devices"
  3. Click on the "Playback" tab if it is not already selected.
  4. Then click on the speakers.
  5. Select properties in the bottom right.
  6. Click on the "Levels" tab.
  7. Click the speaker icon under "PC Speaker" to mute it.

That's it. No more annoying beep. Note that you could lower the volume in step 7 rather than muting it if you just want it quieter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users