Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wanting to use internal graphics on MOBO with GPU

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hollallen

hollallen

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 22 June 2018 - 12:23 AM

I have a Z270XP-SLI running Windows 10 and a GTX 1060 6Gb GPU. The GPU works just fine and I have 2 monitors. But I am wanting to run one monitor through the internal graphics on the MOBO and the other monitor through the GTX 1060. I plug into the internal MOBO graphics and get nothing. Everything is on the GPU.  

I went into BIOS and enabled the internal graphics selection instead of having it on auto but still nothing has happened. Is this possible? At least to be able to plug anything into the MOBO graphics connection and get a signal without having to disconnect the GTX 1060?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,394 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 22 June 2018 - 06:35 AM

I have a Z270XP-SLI running Windows 10 and a GTX 1060 6Gb GPU. The GPU works just fine and I have 2 monitors. But I am wanting to run one monitor through the internal graphics on the MOBO and the other monitor through the GTX 1060. I plug into the internal MOBO graphics and get nothing. Everything is on the GPU.  

I went into BIOS and enabled the internal graphics selection instead of having it on auto but still nothing has happened. Is this possible? At least to be able to plug anything into the MOBO graphics connection and get a signal without having to disconnect the GTX 1060?

i do not think that is possible......

you need a GPU with dual outputs

#3 hollallen

hollallen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2018 - 10:38 AM

That is so sad. Seems like you could have options to at least disconnect one if you didnt want to use the other without taking the GPU out.  The reason for my question is that I have an internal Ultra BluRay 4k Disc drive that unfortunately will not play ultra 4k on a computer that has everything it needs.  Appears there is one final hurdle to get over, According to some notes, the ultra 4k player will not play through a graphics card. Apparently the player needs to go through the Intel CPU that is connected to the onboard graphics card, not the GPU. Not even sure if that is the real problem but was going to troubleshoot to see if it was. 

#4 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 755 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2018 - 12:39 PM

open your display properties, right click on the desktop and select screen resolution.  this will open desktop properties.

first you need to hit detect.  to see if it picks up the monitor, make sure bother monitors a physically connected.

if it does then it should work the way you want it to.

if it doesn't detect 2 monitors then it won't work. 

but i run with onboard video and a gtx 1050 ti.   and have no issues. and i have never had a system i couldn't run both ports at the same time.

Edited by mightywiz, 22 June 2018 - 12:42 PM.

#5 hollallen

hollallen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:17 PM

Thanks mightywiz.

I went there and didnt seem to be a problem on the GPU but didnt see it when plugged into the MOBO.  Then I went into BIOS and stupid me finally found the setting for changing the GPU settings. I thought I had changed to the onboard graphics but there was a separate slot setting I didnt see. So problem solved. It works now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users