Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Instant PC crashing? Haven't been able to come up with an answer yet

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 wingdings

wingdings

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 21 June 2018 - 08:05 PM

Evening All!

I have attached the Zipped Sysnative File and here is my speccy hotlink: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/LvRUWrCqZOnKk0YkyWt33Wx

The computer experiences slow mouse movement on input a tiny bit but other than that shows no signs of graphical degradation. I have a brand new PSU in and graphics card Radeon RX 480. I've gotten some interesting BSODs over the past couple of instant-shut-offs and sometimes none at all.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cwsink

cwsink

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:26 AM

I can see you're running Avast and the unloaded module list suggests you might be using at least some real-time components of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. Running both seems to have caused problems for quite a few people recently. I'd recommend uninstalling Avast. If you're using the paid version of Malwarebytes I'd just stick with it. If you're not using the paid version of Malwarebytes I'd recommend using Microsoft Security Essentials instead of Avast; at least while troubleshooting. One of the dumps actually flags an Avast component as the likely culprit.

#3 wingdings

wingdings
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2018 - 10:15 AM

Hmmm... Interesting. I really appreciate the input! I'll go forward with those suggestions and update in a couple of days. Thanks cwsink!

#4 cwsink

cwsink

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:28 PM

Sounds good. Please do let us know whether or not the problems continue.

#5 wingdings

wingdings
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2018 - 09:46 AM

It's been six days... and I'm just absolutely baffled that that worked.... hmph...

I've had no crashes since then but I'm still pretty skeptical.... =_= However, I'll take whatever I can haha. Thanks again Cwsink!

#6 cwsink

cwsink

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2018 - 01:55 PM

It's actually fairly common for 3rd party antivirus products to cause mysterious problems, especially when used alongside other antivirus products. If the problems return, though, please let us know and we'll drill deeper.

#7 wingdings

wingdings
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2018 - 06:50 PM

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm back. Crap. I can confidently report it has been happening again. -_- Slow mouse. Unexpected shutdowns. No BSoD. Damn... -_-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users