Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

~~Sony VAIO LAPTOP MODEL PCG-7V2L Drivers...help..

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jake21

jake21

• Members
  • 370 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:26 PM

Older laptop..usual problem finding drivers. I particularly need a driver for the CD/DVD in the laptop. I have Windows 7 installed. Sony site no help...no longer provide any drivers for this model, etc. The usual search engine gives the boatload of driver search software they want to load on the computer. I have the video set, sound ok, USB port working..cannot get the CD to be recognized. It is not visible in the Device Manager? Any direction..?

Edited by jake21, 20 June 2018 - 04:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 PM

Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:46 PM

CD/DVD drives usually just use the default Windows drivers.

If you have checked in Device manager under 'View - Hidden devices' it is possible that the drive has just died, they do from time to time. The consolation is that replacements are not terribly expensive and are normally easy to fit. They are almost always held in place by one screw. Undo and remove the screw and the drive will slide out. It may need a little gentle persuasion with a narrow screwdriver through the screw hole to get it far enough out to grip it with your fingers to pull it out. A replacement will just slide back in.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#3 jake21

jake21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 370 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 21 June 2018 - 08:02 AM

Thanks...I"ll give it a try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users